Friday, August 3, 2007

Books




The Dark Tower Series

Currently I am sexing my way through Stephen King's, Dark Tower Series. I'm currently on the fifth installment and still enjoying immensely entertained. As much as he criticized for his how many books he sells and being such a "commercial" author, one has to admit that he is a helluva story teller.

For those of you that aren't familiar with the Dark Tower Series, the story begins with the protagonist, a mean sunovabitch named Roland Deschain, following a mysterious "man in black." You then quickly learn of his quest for the Dark Tower but really still do not comprehend the quest by the end of the first book (reason being SK wanted to write 6 more goddamn books about it). Still, it is a fantastic introduction into the universe that SK has successfully managed to create. The second book is even better than the first, and the third equally as good. The fourth book, tells the story of Roland's past, and is amazing. I don't often find myself rooting characters in books on, but in the the fourth book, Wizard and Glass, I certainly did.

After reading these books, I felt like I had to get my rocks on...

I give the first 4 books of the DT series, 4 Phils out of 5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dark Tower Sucks after the fourth book